7 pounds and 3 ounces of USDA Organic chicken wings are in the pressure cooker. I'm using my canning racks to keep the chicken off the bottom and hopefully from floating as well. I put in 8 quarts of water, a little more than I should have. I'm going back to two hours after last times disappointing amount of fat and gelatin that was rendered.
That didn't go well at all. I left the heat on too high, and it overpressured, and then I had it too low, and it didn't cook well. But the tell-tale signs of improper extration from the last attempt were all there, so I put it back on for another hour.
My bones are not brittle, I didn't get gelatin extracted. I have no idea what is going on. I'm also down more than a quart of water. I added more and I'm trying again!
I FIGURED IT OUT!
One of the pressure reliefs had come loose and just needed to be tightened. A horrible waste of a day fiddling with something that wasn't quite working like I expected, but I had no idea why not.
If the bones aren't soft, then it gets one more try.